Saturday, June 06, 2009

Sweet Mara


At 4:14 yesterday morning, I was introduced to my new daughter. Mara Lynn Daniels was born! She weighed in at 8 lbs 4 oz and was 20 in long. She looks almost exactly like her older (16 months) sister did when she was born, except Mara has dark hair. Abigail (the older sister) was bald and is now blond.

Birth is a miracle. I have seen it twice now and I still cannot begin to describe its beauty and impact. As I harrowed queasiness with a coke, I was speechless and on the verge of emotional overflow when Mara finally came through. I don't know if there are words to describe the feeling, but I am sure it is unique. As an inexperienced writer I know the feeling of not being able to precisely describe a moment as I want, so that the moment will be fully communicated with words, but I get a different vibe about this. I feel like it is okay to not be able to describe this. I am comfortable with this inability to communicate this experience through words. I think that may be how it is supposed to be.

Amazed by God...again!

No comments:

Post a Comment