Monday, May 18, 2009

pizza!!pizza!!

Well, since I was misinformed about my letter making the paper, I decided that a career change was in order. As of June 1, I will be employed at a Little Caesars pizza pizza restaurant! I am going back to my roots, and boy is it exciting. I went yesterday for 'on the job training' to make sure I still had "it". I think I have most of "it", but I am a little rusty. The rust coupled with the fact that the store layout is backward from what I am used to made it interesting, but I apparently did something right. I got the gig after all! There are some exciting opportunities with this job, but I don't want to jinx them by talking about it. For now, just know that it will provide sufficiently for my family, as well as allow me to do some things that I enjoy doing (like writing). I am excited to get back to something I know and am good at. It is also refreshing to enter a domain that I have dominated in the past, already having the respect of some of my co-workers and not having to 'prove' myself. I think it gives me a good platform to silently witness for Christ. My favorite aspect of the job is that I will be working with a guy that knew me from the old days. He has already, repeatedly, verbally acknowledged the change in me. I just can't wait until he is able to experience the change for himself! He is such an encourager and has a kind spirit, to count him as a brother in Christ would be a wonderful blessing to the kingdom!
trying to serve faithfully,
nick

No comments:

Post a Comment