Sunday, July 18, 2010

What is on those Hash Browns?

ooh... its been too long.

Tonight was going to be ordinary, watch the next food network star then go to bed. Didn't happen. I got hungry, as often happens when I watch the food network. But what should I fix so close to bedtime without time for a shopping trip? Let me tell you!

I didn't have much to choose from. The leftovers had been eaten by my girls before bed, so I had to whip up something new. I knew my wife wanted hash browns, but I wanted something with protein. I am a meat and potato guy. I have this... Chicken breast, but they are frozen, oh no!

I start the chicken in the oven, no seasoning, just get it cooked because I am tired and I want to eat before I go to sleep. 380 degrees, fifteen minutes. Flip then start the hash browns.

Frozen hash browns is always the way to go for me because every time I try them from scratch, I get mad and the Hash browns turn out miserable. Not with frozen hash browns! Heat the pan up with some veggie oil to med-high and throw on the potatoes. cook for 8-10 minutes and flip. The chicken should be about finished.

When the chicken is done and the hash browns are on the home stretch, cut up the chicken; but it's plain chicken, no flavor... I love this rosemary garlic seasoning that we have, and it sounds great with the hash browns. The chicken is cut (diced) and mixed with this seasoning and I flip the hash browns when they are cooked to make sure I am happy with the color and done-ness. I am.

I pick the least done side of the potatoes and put them on the heat while I add the diced rosemary garlic chicken and (drum roll) the cheddar cheese. Cover with plate and let the cheese melt. When the cheese melts, I cut the potatoes in half and plate up the food. Almost ready to eat and my mouth is watering.

What now? I am afraid that the dinner is going to be dry with the potatoes and the chicken with the dry seasoning on it. But what do I add to rosemary garlic chicken covered hash browns? It has to be a tomato based sauce right? Ketchup, barbecue sauce, or something... Nope. Look in the fridge... Ranch.?. perfect.

I drizzle ranch dressing on the rosemary garlic chicken covered hash browns and we eat. WOW, so good I had to add it to the blog! try it and enjoy, ask me questions if it doesn't turn out right... I am no trained chef, but I may be able to help!

good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment